This Autumn we will be heading back for a special outdoor class in the grounds of Araluen Botanic Park by their lovely lily pond. Araluen is a stunning park nestled amongst the hills in Roleystone, and their grounds have a variety of different landscapes and should be impressive with autumn leaves during autumn. Our Araluen class sold out very quickly last year, so you will need to book in quickly.
We will be guiding you through the painting, Reflections on Falling Leaves, but you are more than welcome to paint anything else that takes your fancy in the park.
Included in your ticket price is:
- Entry for 1 person to Araluen Botanic Park on Saturday 12th May 2018
- 2-3 hours of guided painting instruction
- Scones with Jam & Cream from the Chalet Healy Tearooms served during class
- Take your finished painting home at the end of class
Our artist today: TBC
When to come? – Araluen is a large park, so I would recommend arriving at around 10am to find a park; purchase a tea or coffee from one of the many stalls on site; and locate us in the outdoor amphitheatre! Class starts at 10:30am.
What to bring?
- Yourself! All painting materials are provided.
- Araluen is a stunning family friendly location and you are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to have in garden after class, though please note, we will be painting right next to a large pond so any children will need to be supervised.
What to wear? – We provide you with an apron but recommend wearing something you wouldn't mind getting paint on...just in case! Although acrylic paint is water-soluble, it near impossible to remove once it dries completely.
Please be aware that this is an outdoor class and you will need to dress appropriately for the weather - think sunhats and jumpers / coats as possible necessities.
Please Note: Cabernet and Canvas provides art class instruction services only. Any food included in the ticket price will be provided by the venue. Drinks and extra food may be purchased separately from the venue.
Bookings are essential as seats are limited.
Araluen Botanic Park, 362 Croyden Rd, Roleystone.
View the Araluen website here.
Weather permitting, we will be painting in the amphitheatre marked near the bottom of the map, with easiest access from the lower carpark by the main entrance. In case of wet weather, we will be painting in the Mary Hargreaves Pergola with easiest access from the Rose Garden Carpark.